Posted on: 13th January 2021
EYAE – Empowering Youth through Agro-Entrepreneurship
On 23rd December 2020 we had the Kick-Off Meeting for the upcoming EYAE Project. The Kick-Off took place online with the following partner organizations from Albania, Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- Environmental and Territorial Management Institute
- Center for Educational and Cultural Development “RACIO“
- Regional education and information centre for sustainable development in South-East Europe
About the project
EYAE is an Erasmus+ cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices and capacity building in the field of youth.
The project aims to empower youth towards innovative green agro-technologies and start-up business creation as the main driver to achieve food security and employability in an environmental friendly way through NFE methods.
- Education among youths and training on sustainable agriculture and entrepreneurship.
- To promote and support Sustainable Agricultural Enterprises
- Developing competences in planning non-formal education and intercultural activities and passing that knowledge on to young people
- Increasing the understanding and awareness of the gender dimension in agricultural projects
- Promoting social inclusion of young people, in line with the EU 2020 strategy, by improving the professional skills of the youth workers
The project plans to educate youth workers in 2 trainings in Montenegro and Albania. The youth workers will be introduced to methods about “Developing Green Technologies in Organic Farming” and “Establishing your own Agri-Farm”. The trainings aim to prepare the youth workers to be passing on the knowledge to young people in rural areas.
After the 2 trainings a phase of local educational and ideational activities with young people will be implemented aimed at conveying knowledge, skills and instruments of sustainable and innovative agri-business as well as supporting young people in the development of concrete organic business initiatives. Each partner organization and their youth workers will be organizing the following youth trainings.
Stay tuned for more information and the upcoming call for this programme!