Posted on: 25th October 2017
Abstracts submission deadline 31st October 2017
After almost four years of project activities the International Conference Women’s Creativity since the Modern Movement (1918-2018): Toward a New Perception and Reception continues to increase the visibility of creative women, to foster in Europe and beyond interdisciplinary and multicultural approaches to the study of the built environment “from the spoon to the city”, and to facilitate the exchange of research results and professional practices in the fields of architecture, civil engineering and design.
Though the scope of the project is European, the scholarly and professionals communities are invited to submit papers related not only to Europe’s geographical framework but also its transcontinental aspects.
The main purpose of the MoMoWo Symposium is to map the general state of research about tangible and intangible cultural heritage created by women in 100 years, in order to give a new impetus to broaden studies in Europe and beyond.
MoMoWo’s Scientific Committee defined seven main topics in order to achieve a thematic balance able to provide an extensive oversight of the academic researches and professional experiences.
MoMoWo Symposium 2018: Women’s Creativity since the Modern Movement (1918-2018): Toward a New Perception and Reception
From Wednesday 13th to Saturday 16th June 2018
Politecnico di Torino – Lingotto Campus
Via Nizza 230, Torino, Italy
13th -16th June 2018 Conference dates
Wednesday 13th, morning Opening Ceremony and Welcome Cocktail (complimentary)
Thursday 14th, afternoon Tours (complimentary, registration requested)
Friday 15th, evening Social Dinner (registration and fee payment requested)
Saturday 16th, lunch time Buffet (complimentary)
Saturday 16th, afternoon Closing Ceremony and Toast (complimentary)
- The Conference registration is free but mandatory, as the number of places is limited (registration-form available on-line from 10th March 2018)
- Participation in the Tours is free after registration.
- MoMoWo will be pleased to offer to the Conference attenders, Booklet of Programme and Abstract as well as printed copies of the following MoMoWo Books:
31st October 2017 Abstracts Submission
17th November 2017 Abstracts Communication of Acceptance
17th November 2017 Template for Papers will be available
1st December 2017 Conference Programme Draft
31st January 2018 Full Papers Submission
1st March 2018 Papers Communication of Acceptance
10th March 2018 Opening of Conference Registration
16th March 2018 Final Conference Programme
18th May 2018 Closing of registration for audience via on-line forms and closing of social activities
13th June 2018 Free download of the Booklet of Programme and Abstract of the Conference e-Book. Printed copies of the Booklet will be distributed at the Symposium.
The MoMoWo Symposium 2018 uses Easy chair as a conference management system. In order to submit contributions, authors will be required to create a free Easy chair account here.
The submission link is: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=momowo2018where you will be taken step-by-step through the submission process.
Abstracts must specify which topic is addressed, namely:
A. Women’s education and training. National and international mappings
B. Women’s legacy and heritage. Protection, restoration and enhancement
C. Women in communication and professional networks
D. Women and cultural tourism
E. Women’s achievements and professional attainments. Moving boundaries
F. Women and sustainability
G. Women ”as subjects”. Documentation, methodology, interpretation and enhancement
G.1. Design drawings
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to accept presentations into a topicother than the one selected by the submitter during the submission process.
- Language: English (U.K. spelling)
- Rules: Title, 2.200 characters (spaces included), 5 keywords, authors affiliation, authors cv (600 characters spaces included), e-mail address
- Format: PDF file
- Deadline for submission of abstracts is 31st October 2017
- Figures, tables and other illustrations may not be included in abstracts
- All abstracts must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference
- After an abstract is submitted, the corresponding contact will receive a confirmation e-mail. In case the confirmation e-mail is not received, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submitted abstracts will be selected by the MoMoWo’s Scientific Committee and by the chairs. The corresponding contact will be notified about the acceptance/non-acceptance of an abstract. If the notification is not received by 17th November 2017 please contact email@example.com
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the Booklets of Programme and Abstracts with ISBN (printed and digital open-access)
All authors whose abstracts have been accepted, will be invited to submit a full paper for their paper presentation.
- Language: English (U.K. spelling)
- Rules: Title, max 25.000 characters including spaces and references + 2 images with credits
- Format: PDF file
- Selected full papers will be published as e-book open-access with ISBN by ZRC-SAZU France Stele Institute, Ljubljana
- Deadline for submission of full papers is 31st January 2018
- Papers communication of acceptance is 1st March 2018
- All authors of the selected papers will be invited to the oral presentation
The title of the presentation will be added to the Symposium programme only if the designated presenter has registered to the conference.
If for any justifiable reason there is the need to change the designated presenter (author identified as the presenter of the paper) after the abstract has been accepted, the corresponding contact should reach out to the organising committee by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MoMoWo Scientific Committee
Emilia GARDA, Caterina FRANCHINI, POLITO international coordinators
Maria Helena SOUTO, ENSILIS/IADE
Ana María FRENÁNDEZ GARCÍA, UNIOVI
Helena SERAŽIN, ZRC-SAZU
Alain BONNET, UGA
Sara LEVI SACERDOTTI, SiTI
Marjan GROOT, VU